If you see Qatar trending anywhere right now, it’s most likely for one reason; the FIFA World Cup. With only a few weeks left until the most anticipated event of the year, the world is ready, and as you bet on Champions League predictions, you can do so with this tournament.
One of the most significant unifying events of the year is about to kick off, and we want to be sure you are aware of all the essential details of the tournament. But how much of what will go down on the 20th of November- 18th of December in Qatar, do you know? Let’s look at some of the most critical information as we keep you in the loop of Qatar 2022.
About the Host Nation
The decision to make Qatar the host of this year’s FIFA competition was made over a decade ago. FIFA chose Qatar to finally host the tournament over rival bids from Australia, Japan, South Korea, and the USA during the final vote in 2010.
This decision was initially met with vehement opposition due to geographical and climatic reasons. However, having agreed on how to handle the situation best, Qatar eventually won the bid.
Qatar 2022 will be the first World Cup in the Middle East as part of FIFA’s pledge to stage at least one major international tournament before 2030. It will also be the first time the World Cup will be played in Winter instead of the usual Summer dates. This particular World Cup is a first and unique in many ways.
Stadiums and Venues
Below are Qatar’s stadiums and venues for various world cup matches. We’ve ranked them based on capacity and the number of matches that they will host.
|Lusail Iconic Stadium||Lusail||10||80,000|
|Al Bayt Stadium||Al Khor||9||60,000|
|Khalifa International Stadium||Al Rayyan||8||40,000|
|Education City Stadium||Al Rayyan||8||40,000|
|Al Thumama Stadium||Doha||8||40,000|
|Al Janoub Stadium||Al Wakrah||7||40,000|
|Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium||Al Rayyan||7||40,000|
Top Teams Going to the Tournament
After the qualifying round that saw many teams eliminated, only thirty-two teams are left to compete for the sport’s most iconic and coveted prize. Here are the top 5 teams you should look out for among the competing teams in Qatar 2023 based on Champions League picks.
- Brazil is currently holding the top spot in the FIFA ranking. Neymar, Vinícius Júnior, Thiago Silva, Eder Militao, and the rest of the flair-filled Selecao are all expected to make the final squad to play in Qatar in November.
- Belgium: For Belgium, the tale of the decade has been “close” but never close enough to get the golden trophy. Is that narrative going to change in Qatar in 2022? Only time will tell. The “Golden Generation” boasts players like Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois, and Romelu Lukaku, who lead the Belgian charge.
- Argentina: This might be Messi’s last shot at the World Cup trophy. Let’s hope this means something for Argentina, who has retained the “No World Cup” title since the great Diego Maradona.
- France is the defending champion. With Mbappé and Karim Benzema at its core and leading the attack, let’s hope they don’t relinquish their title and have what it takes to hold on to the Cup for another. No team has maintained its World Cup title since Brazil in 1962.
- England finished as a semifinalist at the World Cup in 2018 and a finalist at the European Championship in 2021. That’s huge potential right there.
The Best Players
While we also look forward to top Teams coming with nothing short of their A-game to the field of play, there’s a long list of stars who will dazzle us with their skills and abilities. Look out for these. Let’s check out just a few of them( In no particular order)
- 1. Alphonso Davies Canada
- 2. Pape Matar Sarr – Senegal
- 3. Aurelien Tchouameni – France
- 4. Ricardo Pepi – USA
- 5. Takefusa Kubo – Japan
- 6. Jamal Musiala – Germany
- 7. Anthony- Brazil
- 8. Vinícius Júnior- Brazil
- 9. Jude Bellingham – England
- 10. Gavi- Spain
The adrenaline rush of watching a football match live from the stadium while cheering on your favorite team from the side is incomparable. However, only some can make it to Qatar in 2022. You can still enjoy the thrills and chills from anywhere you choose to watch and check your Champions League predictions today worldwide.